Announcements, product information, and product success stories.
- Differences Between Irradiation and Chemically Cross-linked FoamsWhen it comes to foam materials, there are two methods of crosslinking: irradiation, or physically crosslinking, and chemically cross-linking. These methods have their own unique characteristics and result in foam with differing properties. In this blog, we will explore the differences between the two and discuss the benefits of using irradiation cross-linked foam, such as… Read more: Differences Between Irradiation and Chemically Cross-linked Foams
- Volara® Automotive Foam GradesLast week was “Race Week” here in Michigan, and we are spotlighting how and where SEKSIUI Voltek’s Volara® foam is used within the automotive market. Our product range includes an assortment of polyethylene and polypropylene foams designed specifically to meet the needs of the global automotive industry. We manufacture Volara foam using our proprietary irradiation cross-linked… Read more: Volara® Automotive Foam Grades
- The Future of Flame Retardants (FR)In recent years, the US and other countries have been following a more environmentally conscious approach to halogenated flame retardants, leading to increased regulation across various industries where halogens can be used, and has ignited (no pun intended), the demand for halogen-free options. For example, the State of New York prohibited the use of halogenated… Read more: The Future of Flame Retardants (FR)
- What is Volara® Foam?What is Volara foam? Volara is a closed-cell, irradiation cross-linked foam, meaning air and moisture cannot pass through. Additionally, our foam goes through a special radiation crosslinking process to enhance its performance and functionality capabilities. Its smooth surface, consistent density and uniform gauge offers unmatched physical properties. Available in a variety of grades, Volara foam… Read more: What is Volara® Foam?
- History of SEKISUI Voltek and Volara® FoamSEKISUI Voltek’s closed cell, cross-linked polyolefin Volara® foam has grown to become a widely recognized brand of foam. Volara is found in many everyday applications for the transportation, medical and general industrial markets. As one can imagine, becoming the leader in the closed-cell, cross-linked polyolefin foam market did not happen overnight. This blog covers the history… Read more: History of SEKISUI Voltek and Volara® Foam
- Open Cell Foam Vs Closed Cell Foam: What’s the Difference?USA. COLDWATER, MI – September 18, 2019 What is Closed Cell Foam? With closed-cell foam, gas forms discrete pockets, each completely surrounded by solid material and sealed off, so air can not pass through. Closed cell foams are most frequently found in construction, packaging, marine, electronics, automotive, and medical. What is Open Cell Foam? With… Read more: Open Cell Foam Vs Closed Cell Foam: What’s the Difference?