Install, repair and maintain all types of equipment used for building support, product development, and manufacturing of Company products. Moving, leveling, and lining up machines and equipment, troubleshooting and repairing plant and production equipment, performing necessary plumbing, welding, masonry, carpentry, machining, electrical and control work including microprocessors. Troubleshooting solid-state equipment and repair. Basic sheet metal work. Basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics (air).
May also specialize in one of the following areas: repair and maintenance of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, electrical controls, microprocessors, and plumbing.
Detect and report any unusual operating conditions, defective materials to proper supervision. Maintain tools and work area in a clean and safe condition. Observe safety regulations. Performs other duties as assigned or directed by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma.
- Previous 3 to 5 years maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
- Frequent use of hand tools, power tools, and motorized vehicles
- Drive forklift/manlift
- Read and understand meters and gauges
- Read and understand instruction manuals
- Read and understand blueprints
- Interpret data from troubleshooting
- Good communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Lift 10-75 pounds frequently
- Work unsupervised
- Flexible hours
- Research parts and documentation
Mandatory Job Requirements
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Learn and follow all Company safety rules and procedures
- Capability in at least one of the electricity, electronics, plumbing, welding, masonry, carpentry, or machining trades
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Level and line up machinery
- Read and follow electrical and mechanical schematics
- Install, tune, diagnose, and repair electronic control systems and microprocessors
- Maintain written records to document repair histories, repair parts usage and work order completion
- Enter repair information to the Maintenance Tracking System in the computer
- Participate in small groups and TQM activities and training
- Perform other tasks and duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager, the shift supervisor, or the Plant Engineer or Management personnel.