At Sekisui Voltek, our focus is the creation of crosslinked, closed-cell polyolefin foams that establish us as a recognized leader in the industry. Our manufacturing facility in Michigan along with our sales offices located throughout the United States make us the leading manufacturer of crosslinked polyolefin foam in North America. As a High-Performance Plastics Company within Sekisui Chemical Company, we are an integral part of a worldwide network dedicated to problem solving, continuous improvement, and complete customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a Human Resources Representative to have both administrative and strategic responsibilities in assisting with employee related processes such as employee relations, recruitment, and training & development.
- Assist in the administration of Wage and Salary Process. Monitors Performance Appraisals to ensure consistency and proper application.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into HRIS for wage, salary, absence, vacation, training, and all other appropriate employee status and maintenance of same.
- Maintains personnel files in an accurate and legal manner.
- Prepares memos, correspondence, and documentation necessary to document or communicate related HR activities.
- Employee relations responsibilities, including meeting with employees, supervisors, or managers regarding workplace issues.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Performs recruitment activities, interview, and evaluations candidates for open positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals, including preparation of offer letters and benefit summaries.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for reporting.
- Monitor and administer application of disciplinary documentation.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Provides appropriate guidance regarding leaves and other benefit issues.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Assists with payroll functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in HR or Business Management preferred; one to two years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and can objectively coach employees through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to act with a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k retirement plan with company match, company performance bonuses, paid time off, and more.