Perform all required operations to produce finished foam rolls which meet all Division and customer directed specifications. Responsible for oven set-up, reel changes, in-process quality control, trouble-shooting, packaging, densification of scrap materials, and reporting key operating statistics. Foam extruded sheet to specified gauge, density, surface appearance, cell structure, color, length, and width. Enter key physical characteristics and measurements into computer. Learn and follow all Division safety rules; requires constant attention to housekeeping to keep area clean and safe.
- High School Diploma.
- Read & understand instructions, procedures & specifications.
- Lift up to 75 pounds to waist height.
- Strength to push, pull & turn reels holding up to 3,000 pounds.
- Ability to enter data into computer.
- Climb stairs rapidly to reach other feed roll area during emergencies.
- Six months, up to one year’s experience in process manufacturing; can be combined with current & prior appropriate experience.