The Quality Engineer will evaluate both product process problems while working with the appropriate assets to develop efficient solutions.
- Take action on all quality issues assigned, regardless of origin.
- Use appropriate quality tools to determine the root cause of the issue and develop a viable solution.
- Work collectively at various levels throughout the company to implement solutions, including verification and validation of solutions to correct quality issues.
- Assist others in data collection and statistical analysis as requested.
- Analyze the physical property data to select the desired PSS, ISS, and CSS values.
- Institute and follow the Advance Product Quality Planning methodology.
- Assist the ISO9001 process by becoming an Internal Auditor and participating in at least one Internal Audit each year.
- Produce and transmit PPAP (Product Part Approval Process) documents when required by the customer.
- Create and use Failure Mode Effects Analyses (FMEAs).
- Create and use Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQPs) documents.
- Set up innovative methods to analyze data to either enhance the company’s understanding of our product or process or improve the product and process.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of chemical processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to act with a high level of discretion and professionalism.