Design and install facilities and processing equipment. The successful candidate will design, plan, schedule and implement engineering projects relating to Plant Support, Operations or Process Improvement activities.
- Develop layouts, detail drawings, parts list and schematics on a P.C. based CAD system.
- Produce engineering specifications that can be used for the fabrication and installation of new or improved equipment.
- Research part availability and costing information associated with plant support or capital project activities.
- Support plant process operations in troubleshooting equipment and controls operation.
- Develop operation manuals and provide training to relevant personnel.
- Communicate with outside contractors, vendors, engineers, or any personnel required to complete projects.
- Oversee installation of new equipment
- Develop and maintain a schedule and budget for assigned engineering project.
- Report Engineering activities and provide instructions to Production, Maintenance or any other personnel within the Sekisui organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10 + years’ experience.
- Proficient in CAD/Engineering Software as well as Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience with PLC and monitoring control equipment.
- 30% travel. Position will be based in either our Michigan or Massachusetts facility, with relocation to our MI office (as applicable).